Child custody by grandparents of US born whose mother is disabled

A mother who delivered in US suffered multiple brain strokes at that time and became completely paralyzed with the loss of speech. Both mother and child (US born) came to India 5 years back and have been staying seperately so that they can be take care easily. Father left for US 5 years back and never returned.Now, the mother is still disabled. Can disabled mother/her parents get the custody of child. child was staying with grandmother all this time.

Answers (1)

130 votes

Yes they can get the custody provided they prove before the honer able court that they were financially and mentally physically strong enough to take this responsibility on their shoulder with out any burden.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir/Mam My spouse expired two years before due to theft (murder for gain) in my newly purchased house in the name of Wife with loan applied in my…

Read More

Hi my name is Dinesh and working​ in Dubai. My wife was living with my mother. It is been five months now and my left the house with my only daughte…

Read More

I have recorded some abusive behavior of my inlaws using the record option in my phone. (The conversation took place in person and is not a phone call…

Read More

If one parent who has custody goes to jail and doesn't come back after released for 6 years. What happens to the child. Does the other parent get …

Read More