Child born in US and living in India want to get the custody

My child was born in US. We had differences in marriage and came back to india in 2008. Since then my son who is 9 years is living with me. Can i get a child sole custody order from indian court.

Answers (1)

109 votes

Sir/ Madam, Please clarify the following to render appropriate legal opinion:

1. When did your marriage performed and in which Country.
2. Which religion does both of your profess.

3. Are you a mother or father of your child.
4. What is age of your child and gender.
5. Are you living separately on your own or any divorce has been granted..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles