Can mother having child custody leave country without father's consent

Hi, I am a mother to a 6 year old and recently divorced.The custody of my son is with me but the father has visitation rights.However he has never visited him in the last 3 years. My only question is - when I have to travel out of the country with my son , the visa formalities require my ex's signature and consent as well.Which custody would be appropriate so that only my consent is enough as I cannot chase him every time we travel.

If you have been granted custody of the child then I fail to understand why you need your ex husbands consent.However if its required then seek consent or move family court or High court to seek permission and then go.

Hi. You are right, chasing him ti get his consent is not possible every time and he might act pricey. In this case I need to understand whether the divorce was mutual or contested. In both cases, depending upon the decree you can file and application before the court for appropriate orders . Please contact me for further discussion .

Popular Child Custody Lawyers