Can a child choose whom to be with in case of child custody

My parents got divorced in 2009.i am 15 years old now.I am a boy.my custody rights then have been given to my father.i have come to stay with my mother now.and i want to stay here permanently.is that possible? Or will my father raise any legal case? Even if he files a case will i have the right to say i want to stay with my mother? Is there anything we can do for our safett before my father files a case and get legal notice that i can stay with my mother?

Yes you have a right to stay with whomever you like to stay with and that you can mention in the court and court will allow you to stay with your mother as your minor still and you have every right to stay with your mother and your father can support you financially and he will have visiting rights to see you, if your father raises objection you can always request in the court that you want to stay with mother.

On behalf of you your mother can file petition for your wish , but its takes time so better to wait till complete your minority than after completion of your minority , you will be free as major , if you need legal guidance cont advocate

Popular Child Custody Lawyers

If your mother is able to take care of you meeting all your basic needs and is in sound mental condition then your father can get visiting rights. At the time of divorce in the year 2009 what are terms & conditions mentioned by the court needs to be also looked into such as maintenance under sec 125 cr pc and health condition.