What is the remedy in case of cheque bounce

I have given money to a person for his business purpose he has given in written to me on stamp paper and also given Cheque as a proof now when I am asking him about my money he is not giving me. So shall I deposit the given cheque and once it is bounced what actions I need to take.

You can deposit the cheque and get it bounced and file a cheque bounce case. The procedure for filing a cheque bounce case is as follows :
"upon return of cheque being unpaid, you need to issue a legal notice within 30 days from the date of cheque bounce demanding the payment of cheque amount and thereafter the issuer has an opportunity to pay the amount within 15 days from the date of receipt of legal notice. If he does not make the payment within 15 days you can file a complaint before a competent Court. The maximum punishment is imprisonment up to two years or/and a penalty up to Rs. 10,000/- or both and compensation two times the cheque amount."

Sir,

You can deposit the cheque in your bank within ninety days from the date of cheque. If the same is getting dishonored, you may approach the concerned court and file a case of dishonor of cheque.

Dear client deposit cheque in bank and in case if it got bounced then send legal notice through lawyer within 30 days to opposite party and ask for money. If other party not pay money then file case under sec 138 of n i act in court. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil

Pune