quesWhat is the procedure for cheque bounce case

I am a trader. I received a cheque from my customer against some goods supplied to him. The cheque was dated 28/07/2016. It was presented on 17/10/2016 & it got bounced. Again presented on 25/10/2016 & again got bounced. Now today 30 days has been passed. Can I still sue him under section 138 of negotiable instrument act?

  • ansYes definitely you can sue your customer under section 138 NIA. You have to mention reason for delay. Send him a legal notice after that you can file 138 NIA against the person. The delay in sending notice or filing complaint will be condoned.

    Advocate Shivam Sood

      Ghumar Mandi, Ludhiana

  • ansNo you can not sue bcs 30 days time period has been elapsed .with in three months from date of cheque you can present cheque any no of times.but when you recieve memo from bank with in 30 days you send notice through lawyer.

    Advocate Deepak Sabharwal

      District Court, Amritsar

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had received a post dated cheque as a surety from a party. When I…
At the time of compromise, my hub gave cheque of 3lakshs for the assurance to…
I have given the loan to some other company against his shares of the equal…
my father issued post dated cheque of 4lacs to a friend of his but my…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly