Procedure to obtain anticipatory bail for cheque bounce case

Sir, please help me i have taken 10lakhs from a local money lender and i have given a Check as surity now iam facing acute shortage of money and the lender is telling that he is going to put the check in bank but i do not have money in bank will i be jailed for this or can i get a bail or anticipatory bail for this??

Answers (3)

97 votes

There is no anticipatory bail for offence under cheque dishonor. The offence is a bailable offence. The parameters to be considered is when was the cheque issued, when was it presented in the bank and the burden to prove the transaction lies with the complainant.

It will take sometime for the proceedings to get concluded. So i would advice you need not worry as of now.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

240 votes

You have not made clear, the cheque given is blank or filled one. Any now give stop payment to bank and on other angle pay what ever amount you have to the lender by acknowledgement for the loan, so even your liability reduce. Then issue legal notice to return/not to present the cheque.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
325 votes

Hi...if he bounce the cheque we can get a bail by filing bail application and judge will release after puting some conditions and after your execution of bail bonds and if your ready for settlement you can settle the case same day.

Thank you

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles