Is there any way to escape a cheque bounce case?

Sir, my father is farmer he open dairy business with himself and one dairy product selling shop person told him to give loan to purchase more cows on basis of guarantee bank check with interest rate of 3% per month for 4 Year my father given him money but i was not possible to give him full money due to low sell of milk and death of cows and he has filed case against my father on bunched check. please suggest what to do ? '

Answers (2)

316 votes

Cheque bounching is a criminal offence in India under the provisions of section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act. If the cheque issued was towards the due liability then the only recourse available is to do compromise and the pay the required sum of the cheque. There is no way out to escape from the liability if it is due.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

340 votes

In that case shift that case to Lol Adalat and try to compromise by asking some more time to return the amount or else you can contest the case on merits and explain the reason before Magistrate and try to convince the court regarding the actual and factual situation.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles