Continue to LawRato.com with Google


What to do if money gets transferred to wrong account by mistake

hello last week i was doing neft to my friend but by mistake iit was transferred to a wrong account.now the receiver is denying to reverse it back and receiver has withdrwan the money . now what actions can i take.

Answers (2)

You should contact to your banker who will write to the other party,s bank which in turn mark lien in his account and refund you the money after verifying your credentials.
Otherwise you may file a suit for recovery in the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you have wrongly transferred the amount in a bank account by mistake you can ask the receiver to send it back to you. However if he denies the same you can initiate legal proceedings against him

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ramakrishnan S.
Cunningham Road, Bangalore
11 years Experience
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
16 years Experience
Advocate Ayantika Mondal
Gandhinagar, Bangalore
9 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My age 21,I have some ancestors property ,my father took 25 lakhs loan[bank] ,I don't wanted sell that,does bank seize my home ,how can I say my h…

Read More

I have a personal loan of 10 lacs in HDFC taken last year in June, due to change in job, reduction in salary and medical emergencies in family, I'…

Read More

My father's pledged housing loan tenure expires on December 2016 but still we have pending amount of ₹ 1650000 in which around ₹.500000 is int…

Read More

I am a business man does bussiness of metal scrap. Earlier on I was doing business on saving account and did not have any invoice /bill to customer. B…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue