Want to close a personal loan but bank asking fee as under fixed rate

I have a Personal loan and i wanted to Pre close the loan but the bank informed me that i would be charged a fee as i'm under a fixed rate but on my online banking account I see that it is mentioned as floating rate. when i informed this I was told that it was due to an error and the correct rate is fixed. Now I requested them to take the charges as well and close the loan via neft from same bank. they are saying it will take 15days to close the loan.. I want to know if this can be taken legally as delay to close the loan and wrong information presented to customer??

Answers (1)

233 votes

Dear Friend,

This is the way the banks are cheating common men. I would advise you to provide me the documents based on which I can inform you what is the best we can do. In most of the cases, banks change the rules according to their requirements.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles