Want to close a personal loan but bank asking fee as under fixed rate

I have a Personal loan and i wanted to Pre close the loan but the bank informed me that i would be charged a fee as i'm under a fixed rate but on my online banking account I see that it is mentioned as floating rate. when i informed this I was told that it was due to an error and the correct rate is fixed. Now I requested them to take the charges as well and close the loan via neft from same bank. they are saying it will take 15days to close the loan.. I want to know if this can be taken legally as delay to close the loan and wrong information presented to customer??

Dear Friend,

This is the way the banks are cheating common men. I would advise you to provide me the documents based on which I can inform you what is the best we can do. In most of the cases, banks change the rules according to their requirements.

1. The type of the loan should be according to the reflection of online banking.

2. Once you transfer the money with total outstanding via NEFT / RTGS / IMPS, the loan account has to be closed immediately. Even after making full payment, they can not say that closure would take 15 days time.

3. You can issue legal notice to the financial institution.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli