Regarding unauthorized pre-closure of personal loan

I applied for a new personal loan, but my bank processed it as a top-up. My existing loan was almost over and I had already paid the interest, but because of this, I now have to pay interest twice. I asked them to reverse it, but they said it's impossible to do so. Can I sue the bank?

Answers (1)

320 votes

Yes, you can sue the bank. As the bank upon clear instructions from your end, violated those instructions and went ahead in giving a top-up option instead of a fresh loan, they have caused their services to be inadequate. We can go the consumer forum on the ground of deficiency of service caused by the bank officials.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have a SBI credit card and i have not made the payment due to some crisis and therefore after 2 -months they blocked my card and asking me to pay 53…

Read More

I was running a hotel business for the past five years. I have lost more than a crore. I have borrowed loan from pvt financiers and car and credit car…

Read More

I took loan against property I was told ROI is 14% but when I got sanction Letter after getting loan dispersed in account ROI is 17% What can I do in …

Read More

If case is in arbitration and defaulter responding to notices and will also attend arbitration hearing, can NBFC recovery agents / NBFC legal dept rep…

Read More