Money withdrawal from bank, amount deducted without money withdrawal

I have made a withdrawl amounting Rs. 2000 from PNB ATM but I am having account in Bank of Baroda. The said amount has been deducted from my account but ATM doesn't dispensed any amount. I have registered complaint by calling Customer Care of Bank of Baroda but i have not received my money back. Please suggest me the procedure to file complaint against the Bank and against which bank i should file the complaint.

Answers (3)

312 votes

you may approach the banking ombudsman with the complaint. keep the receipt of the atm with you as same may be required. also you may approach the consumer court against the banks for redressal of your grievance in case the banks are not cooperating.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

200 votes

Normally under such circumstances the money deducted is credited back to account within 24-48 hours. If your time period is over then obtain a bank statement and file letter to bank for crediting money back.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
113 votes

Hi call to the customer care officer and lodge the complaint ant take the number of same and than after completing the tat write a mail to ombudsman bank stating all the incident, fair chance are there when ombudsman will ask to the bank your money will be credited back to your account

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles