Liability of wife & son to repay husband's small business loan amount

My father died in the month of may ,2014 He has Jewel loan and this business loan in  bank. But we know he was took jewel loan only from that bank. For this jewel he was paid almost 90% when he alive. So then i have paid remaining balance. While clamming jewel they said your father have an another business loan in this bank, First settled the loan amount after that you can claim the jewel. At that time we don't have money and am job less person so we have leave it. Now the bank manager and loan section officer called me and said you and your mother signed as guarantor in acknowledgement form. You and mother should come and sgin in renewal form and pay the loan amount if you’re not signed we will file case against you and your mother. We don’t signed any acknowledge form of renewal but we have filled and signed clam form and submitted required documents like death and legal heirship certificates.Now they are threatening us and spoke harshly.Please help us.What we do further?

Answers (1)

250 votes

If you and your mother had guaranteed your father's business loan, you are liable to repay the loan. It is better to negotiate with the bank for a one time settlement. You may ask the bank to show you the papers you signed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles