How to settle debt which is due from my end to the bank

Dear Sir, Please guide me & help me, I have personal loans of Rs 2lakhs from HDFC bank(71000) and Bajaj Finance (145000) & credit cards outstanding from 4 banks of Rs. 9 lacs. From last 6 months I am unable to pay. Now I want to settle the dues one by one. Please help. I have also sent a request mail through legal advice app. Regards

Answers (4)

313 votes

Hello client hru.
As per your request the query whichnunhave raised is very serious in nature as well.the thing which I want to get settle is possible only in the manner and through legal way.tht is the only remedy you are having. We can get it done swiftly with out any problem.but it can only be done through court only.thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

121 votes

First of all you need to tell the banks about your financial condition through a letter or mail. Send them your representation telling about your condition to be unable to pay the amount. Ask them to fix a meeting at their office and fix a specific date for the same.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
199 votes

You can sent an letter to the banks about your financial condition and also include your liability and payment schedule. Even if the bank approaches the court it will take years to settle so bank is also willing for settlement of claim

262 votes

Dear Sir,
First I want to know that if they have sent any legal notice and any court notice with respect to said loan payment and in case they have not sent then you can send them a request letter and in case they have send demand letter or notice then you have to reply them properly through counsel and can move to court against the bank with the grievance and their you can offer for settlement of laon amount.......

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles