How to save myself from being arrested for not paying loan emi

I i had taken a loan from tata as i m jobless from last 8 mths i m unable to pay dem....I also rcved notices but i was not a police officer came below my residence sayin i have a warrant issued under my name...i m very scared dnt knw wat to do...doing under depression

Answers (2)

107 votes

Firstly cancel the warrant.
Secondly go for the settlement along with application showing your financial incapability an negotiate the amount and pray there to allow to pay in installments.
Or Bank would recover the amount from guarantors.
Or other go for declaration as insolvent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

First of all court doesn't issues warrant directly. If any litigation is filed against you, first of all court issue's notice, summons, bailable warrant and finally if you are keeping absent your self then in criminal proceedings court issue NBW and in civil proceedings matter moves ex party. Go with advocate and cancel warrant and defend yourself.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles