How can wife recover money after husbands death which is in bank

My sister is a second wife to his husband, they having few fixed deposits in joint names(under either or survivor clause). Now her husband died. She can't produce the death certificate now because his first wife name is mentioned in the certificate. And due to adhar number linking procedure in banks, she can't submit the adhar card too. Now what to do. His first wife is not aware about the savings what they did. She wants the money now what to do? Pls let me know your advice. Thank you

Answers (1)

In the case of deposits held on either or survivor basis, if one dies, the survivor can very well claim the proceeds from the bank on production of death certificate of the deceased depositor. Relationship does not matter here.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I'm buying bitcoins online via debit card thru sellers based in the US, UK, and France I'm given a valid invoice by them in terms of Euro and …

Read More

What is the legal amount of penal interest when there is arrears in interest?…

Read More

there is an charge sheet for encashing FDR of 1.5 lacs by bank of one of the directors of company to adjust loan as FDR was with bank .However FIR was…

Read More

My husband- a serving army officer and residing in a different state, and I are separated since Sept 2014 and our divorce and DV cases are subjudice. …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue