Forging estranged wife's signatures to withdraw money

My husband- a serving army officer and residing in a different state, and I are separated since Sept 2014 and our divorce and DV cases are subjudice. Now my husband has forged my signatures to foreclose my insurance policy and has taken the payment. 1. Should I first lodge an FIR and then approach the court or should I directly file a forgery case U/S 468? Any other sections that should be included? 2. Will the onus of proving that the signature is not mine lie on me? 3. What is the legal mechanism for proving whose signature it is?

Answers (4)

152 votes

You can lodge a complaint and get an FIR registered on the basis of the same, and later proceed with forgery case. It's a cognizable offence so arrest can be done based on the FIR.
You can without any delay get a complain lodged.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

191 votes

yes you can lodge complaint again him for forgery in police station and you can also show that the transaction which he got from your insurance has been encashed or used by him, the signatrue will be sent to signature expert for opinion and in case police do not support then you can file case in the court also......

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
75 votes

You first file a complaint with the Police station under whose jurisdiction the Crime was committed or at the Place where you are residing presently. The police will take care of the provisions of law.

292 votes

Hello client .
I have read Ur query. As per which the act done by your husband is very serious fraud conduct he have shown in his conspiracy against you been your husband he should be punishable with different sections of IPC. thanks In both the condition you have to reach to court only as due to the reason he is government servant of GOI it's very serious allegations will not get FIR will not get registered easily it have to be get registered by court only

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles