Extension of time to pay off credit card dues by senior citizens

Our credit card debt is due and we are senior citizens who are not working. Bank is calling and saying that warrant will get issued. We cannot make any payments as of now. Need at least six months time. What can we do?

Answers (1)

83 votes

Write a letter to the bank about your willingness to pay and settle and request them politely for settlement through reconciliation. Tell them about your age and and that you are not having any source of income. Bank should consider and grant time. Also meet with the concerned Branch Manager.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles