EMI's paid on time but Bank saying that I defaulted on payments

Hi There, I have taken a loan from HDFC bank in year 2015, the tenure of loan was 24 months and EMI was auto debited from my salary account; however after 3 months my employer changed salary account from HDFC to Kotak Mahindra bank. I informed the same to HDFC bank customer care and asked them to change my bank details for auto debit of loan amount every month; however none of their team members did the needful and i kept on depositing the monthly EMI through online banking (manually). The last EMI paid to Bank was on 07/12/2016 and loan was completely paid in time; however now i got a call from HDFC bank regarding the bounce charges applied on the 21 EMI's which got bounced due to insufficient funds. I told them the entire scenario and asked them to wave-off the charges as i have already paid the entire loan amount. But they are now threatening me to go legal. Kindly suggest me the legal options i can opt. Regards 

Answers (1)

245 votes

Dear Client,

Few bankers are adamant. You need to face then with the same force. Kindly send the legal notice to banker and you raise the claim for mental harassment and agony. If required file the case against the banker before consumer court.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate R. Madhuraj
Vanchiyoor, Trivandrum
20 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles