×

EMI's paid on time but Bank saying that I defaulted on payments

Hi There, I have taken a loan from HDFC bank in year 2015, the tenure of loan was 24 months and EMI was auto debited from my salary account; however after 3 months my employer changed salary account from HDFC to Kotak Mahindra bank. I informed the same to HDFC bank customer care and asked them to change my bank details for auto debit of loan amount every month; however none of their team members did the needful and i kept on depositing the monthly EMI through online banking (manually). The last EMI paid to Bank was on 07/12/2016 and loan was completely paid in time; however now i got a call from HDFC bank regarding the bounce charges applied on the 21 EMI's which got bounced due to insufficient funds. I told them the entire scenario and asked them to wave-off the charges as i have already paid the entire loan amount. But they are now threatening me to go legal. Kindly suggest me the legal options i can opt. Regards 

Dear Client,

Few bankers are adamant. You need to face then with the same force. Kindly send the legal notice to banker and you raise the claim for mental harassment and agony. If required file the case against the banker before consumer court.

Expert Jurist LLP

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

New Friends Colony, Delhi
Advocate Ramakrishnan S.
Cunningham Road, Bangalore
Advocate Manish G Varma
Fort, Mumbai
Advocate Ayantika Mondal
Gandhinagar, Bangalore