Dishonouring the payment to customer on issued cheque

I issued a cheque from my a/c to the party that was placed for payment but BANK refused to pay mentioning the reason that "not confirm through call." BANK called or miscalled me only once and for some reason I couldnt attend the call. Bank didn't intimate the incident through any means. I had to suffer loss by the way of money and credit both for such a careless approach of BANK. So please guide me if I can go to consumer court against the BANK and what can I charge for loss.

Dear Owner , this is a typical case where 1st step is to approach the branch and file a complain to BM , and the same in writing to the customer care of the bank, if the same is not resolved than approach the customer grievances redress cell for providing the solutions for such problem
you can also approach Banking ombudsman for complain for such incidence however I will not advice to approach the consumer forum for such issues which the bank can resolve.

send the notice to bank and make party to concern branch manager director and those who soever is concern in this matter, stating the issue in clear way, also can be complaint to the bank ombudsman for the issue they resolve issues in 10 days.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Yes Sir, You can definitely go to Consumer Forum for grievance redressal. Prior to it you`ll have to send legal notice to the bank seeking reply for such deficiency in service within 15 days. Then file a Consumer case in the District Forum. You may Contact for Further details

In such cases where the bank has committed any default in services rendered by it, there are two options before the aggrieved party. One, that you can approach the consumer Forum and file a complaint. And two, that you make a representation to the bank in writing complaining about the grievance and if the bank does not resolves the complaint within one month you can approach the Banking Ombudsman. My personal opinion is that approaching the banking Ombudsman is a speedier and an easier remedy.