Default in payment of loan to private finance company

hi my self lorisa i have taken a loan from a private finance company of 2 lac in 2017 , last 6 months back my father passed away & i had expenditure of 6.lac for medical now im paying monthly EMI to clear my loans ,now im getting threatening calls from finance company telling they will bounce my cheque pls help me

Answers (2)

1. Legally, finance company can not make threatening calls to you to recover the money.

2. If you think that they are harassing you then you can make police complaint against them.

3. Try to negotiate and settle the amount with the finance company.

4. If you need any help in negotiating the settlement, you can get back to me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

There was a similar situation which my client was facing wherein we reached out to the company relationship manager and gathered all the information regarding the account, and thereafter, we sent legal notice via email, detailing the brief incidents that had taken place ovrr the telephone call with an attachment of the call audio recording. This made them understand the situation, and thereafter, only the manager called up my client and spoke to her in a decent manner. if you do not speak any advocate 's assistance in this matter, I suggest you please approach the nearest police station and fill a FIR against them. Also have a recording of the conversation which helps the police to understand the situation better. All the best!

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

One of my key investors failed to send in the second round of money on time and requested for additional three weeks. The grace period is over as well…

Read More

My father had axis bank credit card now he is dead do I need to clear the outstanding…

Read More

sir my mother was having account in sbi delhi she passed away due to heart attack on nov 2017 she had suraksha beema of 12 annualy bank is saying they…

Read More

My Husband's paternal uncle has made an FD of Rs 20 lakh and have nominated my husband in it. He expired in Jan'17. When my husband approached…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue