Dad borrowed money from lender and i want to settle that amount

My dad had borrowed some money with moneylender and now we want to settle that. What should i do now so that I can have a proof that i settled money with them so that in future I wouldn't have any issue..

Answers (1)

In response to your query, the best possible way to resolve this issue once in for all so that the money lender does not harass you in future on the pretext that the amount is not paid to have him execute an affidavit or a settlement deed on a Rs.500/- Stamp Paper, wherein it clearly mentions the quantum of amount borrowed by your father ( Principal Amount) and also the amount of interest charged as on date of clearing the loan amount. Kindly make sure that the affidavit/settlement deed clear captures the details that the loan amount has been cleared in full and that the moneylender does not have any claim against you in future.
I would also recommend that all financial transactions with the moneylender be done through bank transactions rather than in cash as that would be an additional proof that you have transferred the loan amount in favour of the money lender.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Pritesh A Burad
Thane (w), Thane
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have home loan from icici bank in 2004. In 2006 ICICI bank misplaced my cheque(PDC ) After that, this rude process of recovery, threat of legal acti…

Read More

My brother in law expired he is aone of the chit holder in sriramchit already he collected money form chit company, now we have to pay the some paymen…

Read More

can co operative society bank issue an loan of an joint property to only single partner and without any guarantors??…

Read More

An international bank with which I have an account with since last 14 years misinformed the IT dept. that an interest of Rs. 10267/- was earned by me …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue