Credit card recovery agents harassing me to pay the amount

03-May-2023 (In Banking / Finance Law)
Dear sir,  i have been using 2 SBI credit cards since 8-9months and the limit was 47000 on each card which i have used but after using the cards i have been paying the minimum amount or small amount but from last 2months i am not paying any single penny due to illness and i have left my job also now today i got a several calls from bank people and they ask me to pay 7100 rs for your both cards otherwise they are going send me legal notice tomorrow at my mailing adress and after getting legal notice i will have to face several legal problems. But i tried to conveynce them about my situation but they told me i have to pay 7100rs anyhow. Please help me sir i am very worried about this bz they warn me for it.
Answers (4)

Answer #1
734 votes
Sir you don't need to worry just go to your bank and talk to the manager and convince him that you will pay the amount and if possible give some amount to show your Bonafide towards the bank and in case you received any notice then reply it.
Answer #2
779 votes
As you have been paying the minimum balance due you wou;d have accumalated a lot of interest payment once you share the relevant documents we can asses and see what is actually payable and then send a suitable response to the bank.
Answer #3
696 votes
Dear sir

Being this law if u have used the credit card you need to make the payment. But please don't worry let them start the legal proceeding and it would take time. That was the call from agency. If they harassed u then please record there call.
Answer #4
705 votes
Dear Sir, as you said that due to illness you are not able to pay amount so i can only suggest that you borrow same amount from your known and then pay to bank because bank will surely pay interest as you were already paying only minimum amount instead of total due.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."