Credit card payment done and bank says it was in wrong c c no

Request was done to correct the payment in my credit card. It takes 3 months to do payment credited in my account. Approximately 45 emails was done. They charged 3 months late payment charges, finance charge. Only one month finance charge was reversed, no communication was done on telephone even after several requests. Can we go in consumer Court or any other resolving means.

Answers (1)

173 votes

Yes you can. A strongly worded Legal Notice must be sent to the Card company ASAP asking them to refund the undue money charged failing which legal action will be taken against them. Further and better particulars are needed for an effective opinion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles