Company claiming taking over bank to which loan was default

My father took a loan from BL bank and paid back 4 EMI s totalling Rs. 18,000,last payment in January,2009.Then he pleaded for 6 months time to start repayment by a legal notice to the bank.However he could not pay and the bank closed its office and shut down in 2012.No notice for bank closure was issued to father. Now in 2017, FC Company demanding my father's dues claiming that they have taken over the BL.They haven't authenticated their authority and want settlement amount out of court. They had sent abusive agents to home to recover money by force.What should we do?

Answers (3)

My humble respects to you,

Please get in touch with the local NGO, or lodge a caveat before the Hon'ble High court for writ petition for mental harrassment to direct the Hon'ble High Court to appoint an enquiry and fact finding mission to get into the details. Also the area DY.SP should be intimated and reference should be made to RBI rules for looking into the constitution of the erstwhile bank.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

File a case in debt recovery tribunal... it’s a tribunal for people who are harassed by bank or financial institute there you have to pay a fees which will be according to demand notice given to you by financial institute and also show your paper given to you by F.C. Company to an advocate who practices in Drt ... now we do practice there ... contact us through lawrato team..

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

you must file a criminal case against the present company saying the full matter. it can damage your family and the reputation of your family. it is advised to you to move to the court as early as possible before the other side moves to the court as it would be better from your side.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

We do have default payment in our car loan. Was advise by the bank that our car will be repossession? Do we have rights to give chances because we do …

Read More

sir have runing a loan against property loan from HDB finance since two year now i want to foreclose my loan but the branch manger force me to pay 4.5…

Read More

We have taken a cash credit of 15,00,000 from bank, we are paying monthly installments, but as our income is less we could only pay the interest of th…

Read More

If, I gave loan of 5lac in cash against affidavit mentioning the repayment within 3 months through chq. Can I go for legal action on basis of affidavi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue