Closes account before cheque due date can we file bounce case

I just wanted to Know What If Somebody Closes Their Before The bank account beforeCheque Due Date. Can We File Cheque Bounce Case

Answers (2)

332 votes

Dear client good evening.
yes I just seen your query regarding issue on cheque.
Once the account holder has issue the cheque without insufficient funds it's illigal.
He can't close the account without clear the amount.
It cognizable offence.
Thank you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

232 votes

1. Yes banker would return the cheque with the memo stating Account closed / Insufficient balance.

2. In case, if you receive the memo on the above grounds then you may file case under negotiable instrument act.

3. As cheque got 3 months validity period, Bank account holder can revive the bank account again and the same cheque can be re-deposited.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Its an 8 year old loan of 195000 which now with interest has reached 300000 from a bank which acquired the original bank taken loan from. Loan has onl…

Read More

I have finished my bank loan and then i request bank for my certificate of occupancy ma plot for two month now they fail to do that without reason wha…

Read More

i have received a legal notice for not paying the amount i received as a loan at interest of 10 rs but they mentioned 2 rs in the notice and i cant re…

Read More

Due to lost of my job.I'm unable to pay the EMI which i have taken from the finance company. Now they are saying we filed a case and warrent has i…

Read More