Claim in father's bank account with uncle nominee

My father made his brother nominee in his saving bank account. After his death in Oct.17 he(my uncle) took all money from his account. Do I or my mother have any right on that money? Can I claim that money inspite that my chacha is the nominee in the bank account.

Yes, u can, you have an absolute right irrespective of the fact that your father had made nominee to your chacha...you can recover that money... it is imp for your kind notice that usually bank doesnt release money of the deceased without receiving order of the court...banks are duty bound to release decease money either to natural legal heir or any person designated by the court....nominee is just a formalty and nothing else.... if bank has released the money you can prosecute to bank simultaneously with your uncle

First of all , there is no nominee in saving bank. A nomination is allowed in case of any insurance of any term deposit or FD .

Yes if they are registered as nominee then you can not do so anything but before going to conclusion we want to see nomination papers on basis of which they said they are appointed as nominee.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

In absence of a will you and your mother have legal right over all the money and property left by your father. Also if you take anything from your father then you shall also be liable for any debts which he owe to others. For a detailed answer kindly contact me via lawrato.

Yes You can first legal notice has to be given.