Can we settle credit card payment through court

My father had loss in his business in 2010. Since then he could not pay his bills. He is not working and had a cardiac surgery where all my savings were spent. Our financial condition is not yet proper. We recently paid 2.10 lakhs to ICICI bank for personal loan clearance. The credit card is of the same bank and we dont have more money to pay them. As per our current financial condition we will be able to pay Rs 50000 per year and the credit due is 3lakhs. Please help me

1. Issue legal notice explaining your financial situation and request them for more time to repay .

2. In case, if the recovery agents are harassing your father then file harassment complaint against those agents.

3. Unless any case is filed by at least any of the part, you can not expect court would try to settle the payment.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers