Can the instalments of loan be postponed with consultation from bank

My wife is availing loan from bank for 3 lacs and she has lost her job due to pregnancy. I am also unable to pay her loan since i also availing some financial commitments. Is there any option to pay bank after pregnancy when she is able to join her service. can we request bank for stoppage and extension for 1 year of loan repayments

Answers (2)

242 votes

I think you should approach your financial institution. Have a discussion with them and ask for restructuring of loan or try to renegotiate your loan term.
I can try and help you to get the same done if you are not confident enough to take care of the issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

you must approach the bank for solution first. write him a letter and make a request.
if bank deny for any help or failed to short out your problem let him do which he think better. mean while try to make installment regularly.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My brother in law died in a road accident 3 months back. He had personal loan without loan insurance. Now bank representatives are forcing his parents…

Read More

If any one has taken personal loan and credit card loan from bank and could not pay due to some finance reason. Is any law for recovery of that loan a…

Read More

I have a Personal loan and i wanted to Pre close the loan but the bank informed me that i would be charged a fee as i'm under a fixed rate but on …

Read More

hi, i have taken a loan from my relatives (Rs. 22 Lakh once and after that Rs. 10 lakh) to buy a property. can you please tell me the stamp paper on w…

Read More