Can Bank ask money for a transaction which was made a year back

Hi, My Axis Bank Credit Card statement reflects a transaction dated 25/02/2018 which I disputed as i had not done such a transaction. As per the Bank response they claim the transaction to have been done on 25/02/2017 and claimed by merchant on 28/02/2017 but due to a technical mistake they had not included this transaction in my statement till now. Can you please advise me if there is any rule governing the charging of transaction on the statement? Is the Bank allowed to do this after 1 year? Considering the fact that I do not recollect this transaction and possibility that the transaction may have failed to go through correctly I may have completed payment by some other mode. In this case I would not store the Bill or Transaction decline slip for such a long time. Is the bank liable to provide conclusive evidence that the transaction was succesfull? Request the legal experts in the forum to please provide your advise Regards, 

Answers (1)

If the disputed transaction was done by using your credit card and was duly authenticated by your password, you are liable to the bank. If you dispute, you have to support your case by solid evidence. Read the instructions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have applied home loan in axis bank. They have asked all documents including 1signed blnak cheque . I clearly told him that I can't give blank c…

Read More

I have applied for a housing loan in a private bank. After all the process got over, they verified the documents with a lawyer. lawyer rejected the le…

Read More

Hi Actually my father was retired from sbi and He was expired in the month of April 2018. And his pension was coming by the name which was mention in …

Read More


Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue