Can Bank ask money for a transaction which was made a year back

Hi, My Axis Bank Credit Card statement reflects a transaction dated 25/02/2018 which I disputed as i had not done such a transaction. As per the Bank response they claim the transaction to have been done on 25/02/2017 and claimed by merchant on 28/02/2017 but due to a technical mistake they had not included this transaction in my statement till now. Can you please advise me if there is any rule governing the charging of transaction on the statement? Is the Bank allowed to do this after 1 year? Considering the fact that I do not recollect this transaction and possibility that the transaction may have failed to go through correctly I may have completed payment by some other mode. In this case I would not store the Bill or Transaction decline slip for such a long time. Is the bank liable to provide conclusive evidence that the transaction was succesfull? Request the legal experts in the forum to please provide your advise Regards, 

If the disputed transaction was done by using your credit card and was duly authenticated by your password, you are liable to the bank. If you dispute, you have to support your case by solid evidence. Read the instructions.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

New Friends Colony, Delhi
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore