Can an action be taken against recovery officer of DRT

Sir, can we take action against recovery officer due to petaining to one property without informing the sizure of the computer and the other things up

Answers (2)

51 votes

Normally acts done by any person in his official capacity cannot be questioned or tainted with allegations. However if you are aggrieved with the order passed by the recovery officer challenge the same before appropriate forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

143 votes

1. It amounts to cheating and theft, if computer and other things not accounted on seizure along with the property.

2. DRT officer should need court permission to seize computer and other things.

3. You can approach jurisdictional court to get order for the FIR to be filed on the recovery officer.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles