Bank files cheque bounce case against NRI as not paid EMI dues

I am an NRI, due to some financial crisis i could not pay my personal EMI. Now the bank had filed a cheque bounce case against me. My father received a call from the bank lawyer today to appear in court on this coming sunday which is not possible for me. How can i solve this issue

Its a quite interesting query that first of all ,Sunday's are holidays for Courts !!!. Secondly, once if the Bank already filed a case, why should Bank Lawyer makes telephone call ? (as Court itself will issue Summons/Notice in written to appear) . So, if you don't mind please clarify these things to me so that I can furnish a suitable advise to you how to proceed/defend the case.
Regards,
RAJESH NEDUMPROM,Adv

If you wish to challenge the bank in the court, you can do that by stating so many reasons available. However in that event you have to take bail from the court with two sureties. The best option is, if you have the cheque amount, just pay it when the matter comes in court and close the matter.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore

Sunday is not a working day for the court. So it seems that it is false information. You may directly call the concerned bank and ascertain the fact. It may be a call for adalath which means that the matter can be resolved through mediation between the bank and you. So the better option is to contact the bank. They may allow some relief by way of extension of period for repayment of the loan.