Bank asks past owner's title deeds for security against housing loan

For availing residential housing loan it is understood that the bank can keep my property title deed in original with them. But my bankers are asking for even past 2 to 3 title deeds (i.e prior past owners before me) in original for their security. This seems to be an absurd request by my bankers. Can you please clarify soon.

Banks go by the title report given by advocates on their panel. If in the advocate's considered view, originals of some previous documents are required to be deposited with the bank for the purpose of mortgage, this requirement should be complied with.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers