Bank asking to pay excess amount even after clearance of loan amount

Hi  my garnadmother was took agriculture loan in 2008 sum of 150000 with land record for 10 years. And she was expired in 2015. And my father went to bank to settle the loan in 2016. They find the amount of 340000 but my dad explained its very difficult to pay that much amount finaly from regional manager told to pay 225000 and settled in branch and they returned the land record. After 2 years now they are telling your still not closed and pay rest amount and do the same what to do respected sir please find the solution. Thank you

Answers (3)

101 votes

Hi. Whether you have received any letter from the bank to pay the balance amount??

The loan is in your grandmother name and is not transferred to your fathers name??

Have you received the title deeds back??

Did you start paying the land revenue? and in whose name??

Please give the above details.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

187 votes

If the loan is a mortgage loan by deposit of title deed and if the documents are returned, the same shows that the loan is closed. At the time of closing the loan by payment, you might have got some paper at that time. If the bank comes with a claim you can approach the Banking ombudsman to redress your grievance.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
75 votes

First of all please note that 4% is only Annual interest rate for such Agricultural loans which means it may Rs 6,000/- per year ,so it works out maximum Rs 50,000/- only and your father paid too excess amount.this is a clear cheating & fraudulent act by the Bank.I sincerely advise you to proceed legally against the Bank and I wish you all success.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have an account with HDFC, which I requested to be closed in October 2017. I got a reference number from their call center. I assumed that the accou…

Read More

I had taken Cash Credit loan against stock from bank but could not repay the same. Bank approached cooperative court and attached family property of …

Read More

I have done one transaction through IMPS, but by mistakenly given wrong ifsc code. Unfortunately there exist a same account no. in the other bank with…

Read More

I have defaulted in paying my home loan(2 emi) as i recently got to know that the property has some legal complications and i am unemployed from some …

Read More