A person has given the payment through Cheque of 1 lac not paying back

Can a person can file a case after 18 months for cheating. I have given him the product of 1 lakh. He agrees that I have given him the product,but now he wants his money back.

Answers (4)

250 votes

if no money back guarantee was given by you them no need of money back ....no limitation for criminal for filling is 6 month ...but also it can filled by condoning the Delay........................................

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

81 votes

Dear Sir,
Question is not clear to me, as I understand you have given the product worth Rs 2 lac and now he wants his money back, what about product and issue involved why he wants Money back. Once the transaction is complete, if it is as outer the agreed terms cannot demand the money back.

Popular Banking / Finance Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
232 votes

If he had made you payment against the product of the value you have delivered as per the terms you have agreed upon, then his case will hold no good in the eyes of law. But for proper advice I need more information. For further assistance you can contact me.

98 votes

yes you can file complaint against him under various sections of Indian penal code. Also you can send him legal notice for breach of contract or for brach of agreement from authorized legal practioner.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

availed a HBL from a society. Rs 10 lac @ 9.25% p.a on a condition to submit doc of property in 3 months else to pay addl 2% penal charge. I didnt su…

Read More

I given nominee signature to known person for his vehicle finance taken from sriram finance company .he paid some EMI s and stopped some emis .and he …

Read More

can i do a defamation case on a bank because they have sent a letter to my society that i am defaulter in paying my EMI's... but actually i am not…

Read More

Sir we took a loan under Kisan credit card (KCC) 3 years ago. But because of drought and illness of my father we could not repay the same, now bank is…

Read More