Recovery of gratuity..................................................

Earlier my father was nt eligible for 2 pension but now he is.After retirement he had received gratuity amount but now he has to return the whole amount.Although he is nt getting the second pension till yet. My ques is hw govt will recover this amount? Will they recover from the pension only or they deduct the amount from all the accounts of my father.

Answers (1)

123 votes

As per the provisions of pension act, the pension can't be attached and hence the amount can't be deducted from pension. If they are doing so, you may raise the issue and get remedy through appropriate sources.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience
Advocate Divesh Sharma
Chitrakoot, Jaipur
5 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Armed Forces Tribunal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles