Should mother Will or gift deed to give property to me?

My mother want to write a will on my children name should I ask to write a will or gift deed. I am only son with four sisters your suggestion

Answers (1)

121 votes
A will and a gift deed are two different legal instruments. A WILL is revocable , whether it is registered or not. Wheras a Gift deed is irrevocable and compulsory regestration. Here revocable means , if the person changes his mind , he can execute a new will and the old one will become invalid wheras, once a gift deed is executed, even if he changes his mind, law will not permit him to make a new gift deed. Once a gift deed is executed by your mother, she will lose all ownership over her property and your childern will become its owner. Will comes into force only after death of a person executing the will. so, suggestion is go for gift deed. The most important that should be taken into when executing a ?gift will deed is that , your mother must have earned them herself or in case of property, only to the extent of her share in that property.?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular All Lawyers

Advocate Sameer Kumar Shrivastava
Lashkar, Gwalior
12 years Experience
Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan
District Court, Patiala, Patiala
12 years Experience
Advocate Hridip Kumar Das
Pub-Sarumotoria, Dispur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the All Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."