Should mother Will or gift deed to give property to me?

My mother want to write a will on my children name should I ask to write a will or gift deed. I am only son with four sisters your suggestion

A will and a gift deed are two different legal instruments. A WILL is revocable , whether it is registered or not. Wheras a Gift deed is irrevocable and compulsory regestration. Here revocable means , if the person changes his mind , he can execute a new will and the old one will become invalid wheras, once a gift deed is executed, even if he changes his mind, law will not permit him to make a new gift deed. Once a gift deed is executed by your mother, she will lose all ownership over her property and your childern will become its owner. Will comes into force only after death of a person executing the will. so, suggestion is go for gift deed. The most important that should be taken into when executing a ?gift will deed is that , your mother must have earned them herself or in case of property, only to the extent of her share in that property.?

Popular All Lawyers

Advocate Sameer Kumar Shrivastava
Lashkar, Gwalior
Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan
District Court, Patiala, Patiala
Advocate Hridip Kumar Das
Pub-Sarumotoria, Dispur