Got my share. Now relatives filed case in court. Can they do that?

Ive got a share from my family property which has 3 main parts,i.e.,ABC.Out of the A part between 2 brothers we have divided and got our individual shares.In the will it states that the 3 main divisions get equal share of water for domestic use.But when I got my share I requested orally for a separate pipeline and they agreed.After 8 years they put a case in the court stressing the need to follow the will and thereby pulled out my water connection.Is ther e anyway to get my separate water connection back?All this has happened because the oher divisions have made their homes into guest houses having swimming pools,so the requirement for water has increased.I got the supply of water from 2004 to 2012.Please guide.

Answers (1)

268 votes
The share in the property cannot be contested. The water supply will be divided in three equal parts irrespective of the usage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular All Lawyers

Advocate Sameer Kumar Shrivastava
Lashkar, Gwalior
13 years Experience
Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan
District Court, Patiala, Patiala
13 years Experience
Advocate Hridip Kumar Das
Pub-Sarumotoria, Dispur
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the All Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."