Father and mother died. Does my wife has share in that property?

my wife has 3 brothers and 4 sisters.the landed property (house) was on her mothers name,she expired and her father became the owner.father also expired .now brothers are telling that father distributed this property between three brothers and sisters have no right to claim. meanwhile eldest brother and youngest sister sold their portion.sir, kindly suggest me what should my wife and her 2 sisters do now.have they legal right on that property or not ? thank u.

You are entitled to read the Last Will and Testament of the deceased father. If the father has left any property in the name of your wife, then you can file Criminal Complaints against the siblings who have distributed the portion of the property among themselves. If the father died without making a Will and Testament, then your wife has a share in the property equal to the share of the other siblings. If any of these is the case that factual, then you can file a complaint for Cheating, Criminal Breach of Trust and Criminal Missappropriation of Property.

Popular All Lawyers

Advocate Sameer Kumar Shrivastava
Lashkar, Gwalior
Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan
District Court, Patiala, Patiala
Advocate Hridip Kumar Das
Pub-Sarumotoria, Dispur