Does the property belong to person whos name on Khatta?

have a property which is Registered in my grandfathers name and it is a Assigned property. The property s Khatha is transferred to my uncles name Without any knowledge of his brothers. And We are living in the same property since past 38 yrs. IS there any possble ways that the property belongs to the person on whom Khatha is registered or If we file a civil case the property will be Partioned equally among the sons to whom initially the property was assigned.

Answers (1)

400 votes
As property is joint hindu family property, it will be partitioned as hindu undivided property giving equal shares to sons. Person on whom khatha is registered is immaterial.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular All Lawyers

Advocate Sameer Kumar Shrivastava
Lashkar, Gwalior
13 years Experience
Advocate Kuldeep Singh Josan
District Court, Patiala, Patiala
13 years Experience
Advocate Hridip Kumar Das
Pub-Sarumotoria, Dispur
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the All Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."