quesWILL made for second wife. How to safeguard my interest

My mother expired 3 years back. I have 3 younger brothers and my father re married again. From this lady, he has a 1 and a half year old son. She was a divorcee with a daughter under 18. My father has 2 flats and a shop in his name. He wants to give her 1 flat. My father has already made a WILL (un-registered) before the second marriage stating the above but he has mentioned nothing about the property distribution for the second wife in the WILL. What documentation should be made for the peaceful transfer of the property? How strong is the WILL which he has already made?

  • ansYour father can make a gift deed of the property in your favor. The gift deed, once made, has to stamped according to the law and the value of the property.

    The WILL made by him during his lifetime is valid if it does not exceed one third of the property.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

I wish to make a Will of my residential property in the name of my…
whether Will can be executed on photocopy of notrised Will, as the original will is…
Is it necessary to join all the trusties in a suit against the public trust…
My Mother died in year 2010 and made a will. in Will she has clearly…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  Sushant Lok Ph 2
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly