WILL made for second wife. How to safeguard my interest
My mother expired 3 years back. I have 3 younger brothers and my father re married again. From this lady, he has a 1 and a half year old son. She was a divorcee with a daughter under 18. My father has 2 flats and a shop in his name. He wants to give her 1 flat. My father has already made a WILL (un-registered) before the second marriage stating the above but he has mentioned nothing about the property distribution for the second wife in the WILL. What documentation should be made for the peaceful transfer of the property? How strong is the WILL which he has already made?
Your father can make a gift deed of the property in your favor. The gift deed, once made, has to stamped according to the law and the value of the property.
The WILL made by him during his lifetime is valid if it does not exceed one third of the property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Neighbours troubling what action can I take
- Havent received my passport even after 3 months what is the remedy
- Can We Put Writ Petition On Govt. For Contempt Of SC Court Judgement ?
- Child custody in case of live in relationship
- Uncle made a forged will of grandfather and claiming entire property