Uncle took gifted property by forged Will. Can we challenge it?
I think my uncle has drafted a fraud Will and is planning to cheat us. My grandfather had a land of 5 acres and 4 houses. After the death of our grandfather our uncle told us that grandfather made a Will in which he has given 4 acres of land to our uncle along with all 4 houses.
His claim is all wrong as grandfather had gifted one house to my father. And out of 5 acres land 1 acre land was given to another person. Can we challenge the Will? What all can be done?
Firstly, as your father was gifted a house by a registered gift deed which was duly stamped, then you father would be the absolute owner of the said house and your grandfather can give it away by Will.
You should ask your uncle for a copy of the Will.
If your uncle refuses to provide you the copy of the same then you could get the copy from the sub registrar’s office.
Once you receive the copy of the Will and consult an advocate to know the genuineness of the same.
Later, you file a declaratory suit in the concerned civil in whose jurisdiction the property falls.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband is torturing me. What legal action can i take
- If FIR is filed is there any way of taking the case back
- Death of employee on site will employer be liable for the same?
- How is the ancestral land divided in the family
- Tenant gave cheque which bounced he moved to unknown address