quesUncle took gifted property by forged Will. Can we challenge it?

I think my uncle has drafted a fraud Will and is planning to cheat us. My grandfather had a land of 5 acres and 4 houses. After the death of our grandfather our uncle told us that grandfather made a Will in which he has given 4 acres of land to our uncle along with all 4 houses.

His claim is all wrong as grandfather had gifted one house to my father. And out of 5 acres land 1 acre land was given to another person. Can we challenge the Will? What all can be done?

  • ans

    Firstly, as your father was gifted a house by a registered gift deed which was duly stamped, then you father would be the absolute owner of the said house and your grandfather can give it away by Will.

    You should ask your uncle for a copy of the Will.

    If your uncle refuses to provide you the copy of the same then you could get the copy from the sub registrar’s office.

    Once you receive the copy of the Will and consult an advocate to know the genuineness of the same.

    Later, you file a declaratory suit in the concerned civil in whose jurisdiction the property falls. 

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Madhur Gulshan Sapra

  Tis Hazari Court
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly