Transfer of property to widowed mother
Father purchased a plot 17 years back and died 10 years back due to health issues. He din't make any WILL. What is the procedure to transfer the legal rights to my mother. We are 4 siblings and everyone is married.
The said property devolves upon all siblings and the mother in equal share. You will have to execute a deed of release/relinquishment in favor of your mother. The said deed of release/relinquishment will have to be registered on payment nominal stamp duty.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Will I still hold any criminal records after been proved innocent
- If the property papers are not complete can the bank reject the loan?
- Witness died before cross examination how will the case proceed
- Tenant not vacating the house
- Can I send a defamation warning notice via a lawyer if I'm abroad?