×

quesThere are 2 wills. How to proceed about property?

a person has written a 1st will in favour of his cousin daughter as he has no children of own but her daughter stays outside india so she never takes care of them and after so many years of reminding them to stay with them they didnt come infact just stay with him for few days when they visit india so he finally makes second will in which he distribute his property in 3 share including her with his other cousin children, and get the will registered now the second daughter files the case to claim her share the first daughter told that it is fake and signature not tallying, can 2 d will succeed

A Will is a compulsorily registrable document.

The executant of the WILL and the witnesses appear before the registrar only then the registration process takes place.

Thus, it cant be simply said that there are fake signatures.

Secondly, without examining the documents the fate of any pending matter cannot be assumed. 

• ansA Will is a compulsorily registrable document. The executant of the WILL and the witnesses appear before the registrar only then the registration process takes place. Thus, it cant be simply said that there are fake signatures. Secondly, without examining the documents the fate of any pending matter cannot be assumed.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi