quesParents died w/o Will. Can i register property in my name. 1 brother.

Parents died without Will. We are 2 brothers. Elder brother shifted with his family 25 years ago.Can i register the house now in my name or my brother has any share in the property as he did not take care of the parents and only i did. Now i am with my family staying in the house. How do i register it in my name?

  • ans

    As we understand your query you wish that, the house should be registered in your name as your brother moved out of the house 25 years ago.


    Assuming you are Hindus,

    the division of the property is going to happen according to the Hindu Succession act.

    As per our understanding, since your parents died intestate i.e. without making a Will, you and your brother has equal share in property and only after partition of property by filing a case for partition, the share you get could be registered in your name.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

The Will was with the benefieiry when it was opened and the Will was done…
Sir I have a will of my mother who mention me and my brother name…

I got recently married. My father did not inherit any property and earned property worth 1.2…

My son has produced a photocopy of my husband WILL who expired four years back.…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly