Objections that can be raised to challenge the validity of the Will?
Can the person who writes the Will be one of the witnesses to the Will as well? We are challenging a Will on the fact that the person who was writing the Will is one of the two witnesses to the Will. Is it a valid objection?
If not, what other objection can be raised in such a Will?
The person who makes the Will is known as the Testator. There is no requirement in law to get a Will registered.
A person who makes the Will cannot be a witness to it. The witnesses can be anyone other than the testator. No person can authenticate his own doings. It is clarified that one who scribes the Will can also be witness to the Will but there is no bar for the same. There is difference in the Testator and the one who scribes a Will.
You can verify testator's signature, date of making the Will and whether on that date testator was medically fit to make that Will or not.
You can also challenge the Will by showing the Will was procured by fraud, forgery or by undue influence.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to recover salary if tussle between 2 companies on who will pay
- Property is transferred to me through gift can my sister object
- father mentally and physically torturing me and my mother
- Married to a girl who is already married is my marriage valid
- Someone is threatening and absuing what action can I take