Name not mentioned in the Will can we claim the property?
Mother registered will in favour of three sons 4yrs.back. Name of sister is not mentioned anywhere in the WILL. Can she now claim her rights?Witness of the WILL is in blood relation.If Yes, What should we do to protect the property? Please advice.
According to the Will, if your mother has registered it and the favoured it in the name of the sons, then your sister cannot claim it. The witness being blood relation does not matter. But there is an option that your sister might challenge it in the court to which you may have to defend it but showing the registered will in the Court if and so needed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife wants to divorce me but i do not wish to give divorce
- Sisters husband bought flat from father but not paying full money
- Can a husband claim share in property if wife made will to nephew
- Procedure for sale of Ancestral Property
- What to do in matter of property dispute