quesName not mentioned in the Will can we claim the property?

Mother registered will in favour of three sons 4yrs.back. Name of sister is not mentioned anywhere in the WILL. Can she now claim her rights?Witness of the WILL is in blood relation.If Yes, What should we do to protect the property? Please advice.

  • ans

    According to the Will, if your mother has registered it and the favoured it in the name of the sons, then your sister cannot claim it. The witness being blood relation does not matter. But there is an option that your sister might challenge it in the court to which you may have to defend it but showing the registered will in the Court if and so needed.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a will know i want to make another will is it necessary to…
Amulya Sevak is enjoying with facebook, instagram, twitter, google plus etc. and is now in…

Hello Sir/Madam i have one family trust, for which i want to change the regd.office…

my grandfather has two sons and two daughters. one daughter and one son was died.…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  Sushant Lok Ph 2
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly