Mother gave money to me. Do i need to make gift deed for same?
My father gifted me cash of amount by 7 lacs. He deposited it in my bank account and gave some of it via cheque.
Do I need to make a gift for the same and get it registered?
You should make a registered gift deed and get it notarized as well to avoid any future clashes with your brother(s).
It should be made on stamp paper and should be duly signed by you and your father.
The same gift should be accepted in writing with the lifetime of your father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife sexually harassed by her father what action can we take now
- Is it legal to start a online business providing detective services
- I am disowned, can my son have a share in my father's property?
- Can I ask for reimbursement of service tax paid to government
- how can i correct my name and date of birth in birth certificate?