Is there any way to find out if a person left a Will or not?
I bought a property from a person. Now he passed away. Is there any way through which I can find out that the said person left any will or not?
As you said that you have already bought the property, then there is no need to worry about the Will.
Now regarding your query,
Ask legal heirs of deceased owner whether said owner died intestate or left a will. If he left a Will, was it registered or not? If it is registered document you can take search from sub registrar office.
If it is unregistered Will and probate has been applied for you can check court records. If he died intestate, has succession certificate been obtained?
Also ask legal heirs to give in writing said details on an affidavit.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorce if found cheating
- Fee for registered AD reply while submitting application
- Judge transferred on date of decision
- Father didn't get share in ancestral property can son claim it and how
- Director in company want to resign other directors not letting me