quesIs immovable property acquired by Will same as self acquired

A willed his house Z to his son B and A died. Now B is writing his will. Does B have a right to will the property Z as he wishes or does he have to distribute Z like an ancestral property.

  • ansIf B has the exclusive possession of Z. He can will it to anyone he has. There is no bar from him not to will it to anyone else. As after he gets Z from A.

    He steps into the shoes of A and can dispose of Z the way he likes.

    In case of any further assistance feel free to contact us to get more clarity.

    Advocate Saket Bisaani

      Supreme Court, Delhi

  • ansIf the Will of A is not challenged and has been acted upon then B becomes absolute owner of the property Z and consequently B can deal with the same as per his wishes.
    For details and or any legal help you may contact me.

    Advocate S P Srivastava

      High Court, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Wills / Trusts lawyers in India

Similar questions

One person having some landed property and bank and PO deposits died leaving a registered…
my grandmother had out her thumb expressions on the documents of certain property papers. the…

My father passed away 3 yrs bac and made a will but did not register…

I m resident of noida. I have property in GZB and Gurgaon. Where I can…

Wills / Trusts Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly